Irregular sudoku - jigsaw sudoku - to print
Our irregular Sudoku puzzles are 9 X 9 sudoku. Instead of having nine 3 X 3 square areas, these 9 areas are irregular shapes. The rules are the same as for a classic sudoku. You need to find by deduction nine different digits by row, column and area.
You have 80,000 puzzles presented in two forms and four levels.
In the three first levels all puzzles are solved through a series of logical deductions. It is not at all necessary to use groundless hypothesis or multiple choices to find any solution.
The fourth level, so called "Extreme" needs "multiple choices" to be solved.
See below: Levels of grids to play online.
To distinguish better between areas, there are four types of print:
Update September 2016: Now, the colored, shaded and hatched backgrounds are printed correctly by all browsers.
"Coordinates" offers a new printing choice.
Download in PDF format:
If the borders and/or the colors of the grid are not printed, check if the "Print images" option of your browser is not switched off, else you can download our grids as PDF files and then print them. You will get a faithful presentation of our irregular sudoku grids.
Our irregular jigsaw sudoku are downloadable through the menu 9X9 JIGSAW SUDOKU and the link Download pdf.
Our irregular sudoku puzzles are playable online through the menu 9X9 JIGSAW SUDOKU and the link Play puzzles online.
All irregular jigsaw sudoku on this site have solutions available for printing. They are all created by en.top-sudoku.com .
Levels of grids to play online:
• Puzzles "Beginner" are fully resolvable by "Inclusion" while accepting other methods.
• Puzzles "Confirmed" are fully resolvable by "Inclusion" and "Exclusion" while admitting to other methods.
• Puzzles "Expert" are solvable by "Inclusion", "Exclusion" and "Pairs exclusive".
• Puzzles "Extreme" are solvable by "Inclusion", "Exclusion", Pairs exclusive" and "Multiple choices". Number of multiple choices in extreme symmetrical puzzles:
– From No. 1 to No. 3000: a single multiple choice.Number of multiple choices in extreme asymmetrical puzzles:
– From No. 3001 to No. 6000: two multiple choices.
– From No. 6001 to No. 9000: three multiple choices.
– From No. 9001 to No. 10000: four multiple choices.
From 1 to 19 multiple choices are possible, in proportion with the puzzle number.
Extreme asymmetrical puzzles with the highest numbers are the most difficult to be solved and just proposed as a "curiosity".
For more details on these three methods for resolution, identical to the regular sudoku, see: General help.
Symmetrical and asymmetrical puzzles:
An irregular jigsaw puzzle is symmetrical when the squares that compose it are arranged equally around the central square known as the center of symmetry. This is only esthetic and does not change the resolution mode of the grid. Indeed it is the puzzle that is symmetrical and not the solution. However, the advantage of non-symmetrical puzzles is that, having one less constraint, they allow the elaboration of more difficult problems.
• Symmetry: A simple problem.
• Asymmetry: A difficult problem.
All irregular jigsaw puzzles offered on this site are created by top-sudoku.com. These puzzles can be reproduced free on condition that the link to en.top-sudoku.com appears on every reproduced page.